WHAT SHOULD I DO NOT SEE CASE OF A CHILD VESPA VELUTINA?
If it detects a child, do not approach it in less than 5 meters, and inform the appropriate number to the Information and Support Citizenship, 012.
To see, call the 012
¿WHAT IS VESPA VELUTINA?
A Vespa velutinaOr Asian wasp, is an invasive species that arrived in Europe in 2004 from Southeast Asia. In Galicia, was detected in 2013.
What effects TEN A VESPA VELUTINA?
- Threat to biodiversity, the predation on other insects native.
- It affects production and beekeeping froitícola, as an important part of their diet consists of the Avella and fruits.
- Although there are more dangerous than other wasps, its expansion by urban or semi-urban areas increases the risk of bites to people.
HOW DO CHILDREN DIFFER OS VESPA VELUTINA?
The children Vespa velutina are round shaped or pear-shaped and larger than the native wasp.
They are found mainly in the top of the trees, and they are growing up to the measure in late autumn about 1 meter high x 0.8 meters wide.
They have their small entry in the media, unlike the native wasp, with a more elongated hole in the base.
Always ensure that the removal of the queen, the destruction of the greatest possible number of children is the most effective method to control this species because it prevents the production of new queens and the education of children in the following year.
WHAT DANGER implies VESPA VELUTINA FOR PEOPLE?
The risk involved for the people Vespa velutina is similar to any other wasp.
- There are more aggressive than wasps native and only attack when threatened. Therefore it is important to keep more than five meters from the nest.
- The composition of their venom is virtually equal to that of native bees.
- They may pose a problem for those who are allergic, approximately 1% of the population. In this case, must take special care with bites, not only the Vespa velutinaBut also other species of native bees.
The name "killer" that is given to these wasps is not derived from that attack people especially, but by predation from other insects, especially bees.
To learn how to act in case of finding a child velutina or suffering a stroke, please consult the following link:
¿Why is it important to differentiate VESPA VELUTINA OTHER wasps?
It is essential to differentiate Vespa velutina other native species, especially the Vespa crabroSince the elimination of these, would favor the expansion of invasive species to reducer their natural competitors.
More information on the following links: