WHAT SHOULD I DO NOT SEE CASE OF A CHILD VESPA VELUTINA?
a child is detected, do not approach him unless 5 meters, and inform the appropriate number to the Information and Support Citizenship, 012.
And in, call to 012
¿WHAT IS VESPA VELUTINA?
A Vespa velutina, or Asian avespa, is an invasive species that arrived in Europe in the year 2004 coming from the southeast Asian. In Galicia, detected in the year 2013.
What effects TEN A VESPA VELUTINA?
- Threat to biodiversity, by predation on other insects native.
- It affects production and beekeeping froitícola, as an important part of their diet consists of the Avella and fruit.
- Although there are more dangerous than other wasps, its expansion in urban or semi-urban increases the risk of bites to people.
HOW DO CHILDREN DIFFER OS VESPA VELUTINA?
The children Vespa velutina are round shaped or pear-shaped and larger than the native wasp.
They are found mainly in the top of the trees, and they are growing up to the measure in late autumn about 1 hx meter 0,8 meters wide.
They have their input in the small media, unlike the native wasp, with a more elongated hole in the base.
Always ensure that the removal of the Queen, the destruction of the greatest possible number of children is the most effective method to control this species, it prevents the production of new queens and the education of children in the following year.
WHAT DANGER implies VESPA VELUTINA FOR PEOPLE?
The risk involved for the people Vespa velutina é similar ao de calquera outra avespa.
- There are more aggressive than wasps native and only attack when threatened. Therefore it is important to keep more than five meters from the nest.
- The composition of their venom is virtually equal to that of native bees.
- They may pose a problem for those people who are allergic, about the 1% population. In this case, should take special care with bites, not only the Vespa velutina, but also other species of native bees.
The name "killer" that is given to these wasps is not derived from that attack especially people, but predation by other insects, especially bees.
¿Why is it important to differentiate VESPA VELUTINA OTHER wasps?
It is essential to differentiate Vespa velutina other native species, especially given Vespa crabro, so removing these, favor the expansion of invasive species to reducer their natural competitors.
More information on the following links: